Meet Our Writers

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Day In The Life of Coach Pope

Coach Shawn Pope is a 7th and 8th grade football coach.  He also teaches 6th grade P.E. At home, Coach Pope has a wife, a beautiful daughter, and a dog.

5:00 am- First thing I do in the morning is get up, get dressed and load up my stuff that I may need for my day. I then kiss my wife and baby goodbye.

6:00 am- I drive to CTMS arriving no later than 6:30 to open up the facility and get all game day equipment ready.

7:15 am- 8th grade practice begins where we…
-         Stretch
-         Practice offense/defense
-         Work on special teams
-         Focus on individual offense or defense
-         Complete Pass hall/run hall drills
-         End with conditioning/team talk

9:00 am-Practice ends, then I monitor the locker room, check my email, and prepare for lessons in PE. At 9:26, I begin teaching my PE classes.

11:00 am- I have lunch duty for 6th grade, and I manage over 300 kids.

12:00 pm- After my lunch, I continue teaching my classes.

4:00 pm- On game days, I load the bus and drive to the field with the boys. We warm up, and I coach all of the games. I then return the bus to the bus barn and fill out paper work.

10:00 pm- I arrive home and feed/walk my dogs and spend time with my wife.

11:00 pm- I try to be in bed by 11:30-12:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment